Card games in India
Many card games are played in India usinf the standard international 52-card pack include:
- Twenty-nine is a point-trick game descended from the jass group, played by 4 people with a 32 card pack.
- Two games similar to 29 are played in Kerala: Twenty-eight using the same 32 card pack, and Fifty-six, using a double pack of 2×24 cards.
- Literature, a sophisticated game of the Quartet family, is played in Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- Seep, also known as Sip or Sweep – a fishing game related to Casino, played in northern India.
- Mendikot – a west Indian game trick-taking game in which the object is to capture tens.
- Dehla Pakad – a north Indian game of capturing tens, in which cards can only be won by a player who takes two consecutive tricks.
- Indian Rummy in which each player is dealt 13 cards, and a player must make at least two runs, one of them without wild cards, in order to go out.
- Vazhushal (Wipe), a rummy game in which more than one card can be taken from the discard pile, played in Tamil Nadu.
- Teen Patti (Three Cards) – is an extremely popular gambling game similar to the British game Three Card Brag.
- Judgement or Kachuful is the local name for Oh Hell, which is played in Gujurat and perhaps elsewhere.
- Coatpees (or Court Piece) is a four-player plain-trick game with fixed partnerships. The first player chooses the trump suit on the basis of his first 5 cards, and the object is either to win the first 7 tricks or to win the majority of the tricks in 7 consecutive deals. A similar game called Seven Hands, in which the object is simply to be the first team to take 7 tricks is played in Goa.
- 3-2-5 is a 3-player game played with 30 cards in which each player has a different quota of tricks to win.
- Call Bridge or Call Break is a four-player game similar to the American game Spades, but played without partners. Langdi is a a somewhat similar game in which the trump suit is chosen by turning up a card.
- Getaway, also known as Bhabhi, is played in the Punjab.
- Andar Bahar is a simple gambling game, also known in Tamil as Mangatha or Ullae Veliyae. Katti is a similar game.
The traditional circular Ganjifa cards are well-known to playing-card collectors but unknown to most Indian card players. There are very few places where they are still used. With these cards there are the plain-trick games Hamrang and Ekrang, and the gambling game Naqsh, which can also be played with standard international cards.Survey of card games played in India, with links to rules where available.
List Of 10 Most Popular Online Card Games In India
Updated: Nov 13, 2019, 18:00 IST
The love for card games online in India goes way back into our history. Whether it is some special wedding gatherings, festivals like Diwali or a casual evening with friends, a few rounds of card games is a must. But with hectic lifestyles and distance adding to our daily troubles, playing card games physically became more and more of a challenge.
What turned the table completely is the popularity of online card games. The same old card games, with the easy rules, coming right to your mobile or laptop, made enjoying the game so much easier. No matter what you are doing or where you live, you can pick a live card game and enjoy it any time you like. Let’s look at the list of card games in India and just how simple it is to play them online.
Rummy is the most loved and popular card game in India. Now that you can play it online, the popularity of the game has grown exponentially. It is a skilled-based card game that requires players to think quickly and use strategy to win. India’s love for rummy dates back centuries. It is also featured in many Indian films like Montu Ni Bittu and several South Indian movies. It is one of the best card games that family and friends would play to spend quality time together. Rummy is super easy to play, and it is absolutely entertaining. There are also mega tournaments where rummy players can compete with each other to be the champ. So, let us jump right into the gameplay of rummy.
How To Play Rummy
Rummy is played with two to six players. The dealer deals 13 cards to each player from two decks of cards. There are two jokers that are used in rummy—a printed joker and a random value-card and its suits are selected as wildcard jokers. By picking and discarding cards you have to arrange the 13 cards in valid sequences and sets. When a player arranges 13 cards in 2 valid sequences including 1 pure sequence and rest can be any valid sequence or sets, only then can he declare and win the game. You cannot declare without a pure sequence.
Ranking Of Hands
In rummy, a winning hand would look something like this:
|Pure sequence||Impure Sequence||Set||Set|
|2 ♥ , 3 ♥ , 4 ♥||9 ♦ , 10 ♦ , J ♦ , PJ||K♠️, K♣️ K ♦||7♣️, 7♠️, PJ|
Pure Sequence:A collection of three or more cards of the same suit that is placed in consecutive order. In a pure sequence the player cannot use any joker. This sequence would look like 6 ♦ ️,7 ♦ ️, 8 ♦ ️
Impure Sequence: This is like the pure sequence, where you group of three or more cards of the same suit. The difference is that the player can use any joker card as a substitute to complete the sequence. So, an impure sequence would look like K♠️, Q♠️, PJ (printed joker).
Sets: Here the player forms a combination of three or more cards of the same value, but the cards can be from different suits. The player can use any joker to complete sets. An example would be, 8 ♦ ️, 8♠️, 8 ♥
Tips To Win
- Understand and memorise the rules of rummy, so that you can make quick and informed decisions. This helps you to strategise and outwit your opponents.
- Discard high value cards such as Ace, King, Queen or Jack. These cards will increase your points burden if your opponent declares before you.
- Focus on combining cards to form a pure sequence right at the beginning. Without it, you cannot declare the hand.
To know more about rummy tips, visit our rummy tips and tricks page.
Rummy has variants that challenge quickness, alacrity, and your strategies. The most common rummy variations are:
- Pool Rummy: Here the pool is the entry fee all the players pay to join a table. That pool goes to the person who wins.
- Deal Rummy: In this variation, participants play with chips that are allocated at the beginning of the deal and there are pre-decided number of deals. There is a winner at the end of each deal, who wins all the chips. However, at the end of pre-decided number of deals, player with maximum number of chips is selected as the winner
- Points Rummy: This a fast-paced game. The points are assigned at a pre-decided rupee value say, Rs. 2. The winner will get real cash prize based on this formula: Sum of points of all opponents X Rupee-value of the point. So, for example, there are 5 players on the table playing at Rs. 2/Point. One player declares and win; each of the other four players lose with 10, 20, 30 and 40 points respectively. The winnings will be calculated as 2 x (10 + 20 + 30 + 40) = Rs. 200.
The literal translation is three cards. Teen Patti is an Indian card game that is inspired by the British card game, 3-card brag. It also draws similarity to poker. Hence, some people call teen patti – the Indian poker. The game is so popular in India that it has been featured in the local films. A Bollywood movie is also named Teen Patti. So, let us find out how to play this interesting card game.
How To Play Teen Patti
Teen Patti is played with three to six players and a pack of 52 cards, without the joker. The dealer deals out one card at a time till everybody gets three cards. No more cards are dealt, discarded, or picked in the game. It is important to decide on the minimum wager before starting the rounds. All players place their minimum stake in a pot, at the centre of the table.
The premise of the game is to place a wager on who has the best hand. In order to do that the players can decide how they want to progress with the game. They can either be a blind player or seen player:
Blind Player – His cards are faced down on the table and he doesn’t know his cards. He can place a wager that is equal to the current stake, but it should not be more than twice the current stake.
Seen Player – He has looked at his hand before making a stake. His stake is at least twice the current bet and not more than four times the current stake.
Then the betting begins clockwise from the dealer. Each player places an additional bet in the pot. The bet depends on two factors:
- if you are a blind or seen player
- the current stake
Simply explained – a seen player’s wager is twice as much as a blind player.
Also, a blind player can choose to see his cards. If so, then from that turn onwards you are a seen player and then your current stake is twice the amount. Or you can fold.
If you opt to not pay, then you fold, and you are out of the game. You lose everything you have put in the pot.
The rounds continue until either of the scenarios happen.
- One player survives and the other players fold. He or she wins the pot, no matter the hand.
- If there are two players left, one can pay for a show (reveal). In this scenario, both the players reveal their cards and compare.
What are the rules for Show:
- For a blind player, the current stake is the price of the show that you pay in the pot. It doesn’t matter if the other player is blind or seen. You can look at your cards after you pay the wager.
- You cannot ask for a show, if you are a seen player and your fellow opponent is a blind player. The options for the seen player are to continue playing or fold.
- If the last two players are seen, then either one can pay twice the current stake for a show.
- When the hands are revealed, the player whose hand has a higher ranking wins the pot. If the ranking is equal, they the player that didn’t pay for the show will win the pot.
Then there is the aspect of Compromise for seen players:
If those left on the table are seen, then after you place the wager (twice the current stake), you can request the player who made the bet before you for a compromise. That player can either accept it or refuse it.
- If the player refuses to compromise, then the betting continues.
- If the player accepts, then the two players compare their cards privately. The player with the lower ranking cards has to fold. If the hands are equal, then the player who asked for the compromise has to fold.
Ranking Of Hands
- Trio – Consists of three of the same value cards: A ♥ , A♠️, A ♣️
- Straight run – three sequenced cards of the same suit: A♠️, 2♠️, 3♠️
- Normal run – same as above but doesn’t require the cards to be of same suite: A ♣️, 2♠️, 3♣️
- Color – All the cards of same suite they form a color, but the highest value would be: A ♥ , K ♥ , J ♥
- Pair – Two card of the same rank and the third card should be a higher value card too: A ♣️, A ♥ , K ♦ ️
- High card – The three cards should be high value cards of any suit and do not fit in the above scenarios: A♠️,K♠️, J ♦ ️
Tips To Win
- Play blind as long as possible. Most players are blind in the earlier round. Anxious players want to see their cards immediately. So, confuse your opponents and it will make them doubtful and lose confidence.
- If you have great cards, avoid placing a big bet. Other players with weak cards will fold and you will win a small pot amount. So, take your time with the betting.
- Keep your emotions, body language, and expressions in check. The player with minimum behavioural changes is the most difficult person to read.
There are numerous variations for Teen Patti, but these are the most popular ones:
Joker: A pre-picked card is decided as a joker. Any rank of the Joker, no matter the suit can be a substitute. So, if 3 is the joker, it can fill in as A♠️, Q♠️, 3 ♦ ️.
Muflis: The ranking of the hands is inverted, in the sense, you need the lowest sequences to win. So, a winning hand would look like 2 ♦ ️, 3 ♦ ️, 5 ♦ ️.
AK47: Cards that are A, K, 4 and 7 from any suit fill in as jokers. So, a hand can have multiple jokers.
Poker is a combination of betting and strategizing. It is a casino game that is played privately at homes too. Hollywood is fascinated with poker and its variants and is featured in many movies and TV shows. This card game is associated with North America, which makes sense as the roots of poker can be traced to this country. This craze is spreading to other countries too. So, get with it as we tell you how to play it. However, in poker it is important to understand and remember the ranking of the hands first, so let’s begin with it.
Ranking Of Hands
Poker is played with five cards, so the hands will look like these:
Royal Flush: All the cards have to be the same suit in this sequence A ♦ , K ♦ , Q ♦ , J ♦ , and 10 ♦ .
Straight Flush: The five cards should be in numerical order of the same suit such as 5 ♥ ,6 ♥ ,7 ♥ ,8 ♥ , and 9 ♥ .
Four Of A Kind: Here, you can have four cards of the same rank and the fifth one side card is known as the ‘kicker’ – a card that does not take part in determining the rank of the hand. For instance, 8 ♥ , A ♦ , A♣, A ♥ , and A♠.
Full House: You can have three cards of the same value and two cards of a different but matching value. K♣, K ♦ , K ♥ , 10♠, 10 ♥ .
Flush: Five cards of the same suit; it does not matter what is the value. So, it can be 2♣, 3♣, 6♣, 8♣, and Q♣.
Straight: Five cards in a sequence; it does not matter what is the suit. So, you can have 2♣,3 ♥ , 4♠, 5 ♦ , and 6♣.
Three Of A Kind: You can have three cards of the same value and two unrelated cards. So, you can have 10♣, 10 ♦ , 10 ♥ , 8 ♦ , and 3♠.
Two-Pair: Two pairs, such as 9♠, 9 ♥ , 5♣, 5 ♦ , and K ♦ . The suit does not matter.
One-Pair: Two cards of a matching rank, and three unrelated side cards. Like this, J ♦ , J♣, 3♠, 5 ♦ , and 10 ♥ .
High Card: Whatever is your highest card can give you leverage too such as K ♦ , J♠,10♣, 6 ♦ , and 2 ♥ .
How To Play Poker
There are two to seven players in traditional poker. The dealer deals the players two cards beginning with the person on his left—this will be the first player to start each round. The players have two choices: Bet or Check – do absolutely nothing.
If any of the players choose to place a stake, then the others have the option to:
- Call (Equal the amount of the wager)
- Fold (Drop from the game)
- Raise (Make a bigger bet than the bet made in the current round. Then all the other players have to equal the raise, or they can raise again if they want to stay in the game).
The round continues until everyone has called or all bets are in the pot in the middle of the table.
At the end of the first round of betting, the dealer doles out three more cards that are faced-up on the table. These three cards are called community cards, and anyone can take it. This is called the flop. Those still at the table gave the opportunity to bet, raise, or fold.
After every player has their turn, the dealer places a fourth card on the table that anybody can use. This is called the turn.
Once everyone gets the chance to bet / check / raise / fold. The dealer places a fifth card on the board that anyone can take. This is called the river. For the final time everyone gets a chance to bet / check / raise / fold.
If more than one player is still left in the hand after the final betting hand the cards are exposed and the player with the highest ranked hand wins the pot.
Tips to Win
§ When you bluff see through the whole hand. If you decide to put it all out with the hope of winning the pot, then your smart opponent will see through it and call your bluff.
§ Take a break if you feel like your emotions are deciding your move. You need to have a poker face or a straight face to play the game.
§ Know the odds of your hand, basically the possibility of something happening. If there is an inkling that it is a bad hand, then fold in the initial rounds.
Just like with other card games, poker has its share of variants. Some of the popular ones are Texas Hold’em, Omaha, 5-Card Omaha, Seven-Card Stud, RAZZ, Ace-5 Lowball, among others. Here is what differentiates some of the top variations.
Texas Hold’em: At the beginning of the game, the players are dealt two cards. On the table, the dealer lays out five cards. The first three are exposed in the second betting round. Then the next card is exposed in the third round and the last card is revealed and that would be the last betting round.
RAZZ: The ranking of the hand is switched up. The player with the best low hand wins.
Omaha: This variation is similar to Texas Hold’em. The difference here is that the players are dealt four cards and not two.
This card game goes by couple of names such as Bull****, BS, cheat, and I doubt it. Just like with other card games, the popularity of Bluff spread by word of mouth. This game calls for an expressionless face, mastermind abilities, and luck too. It is a strategy game where you monitor your opponents’ behaviour and call their bluff. It is an exciting game that keeps you on the edge. So, want to know how to play bluff and win? Then let us jump into the rules.
How To Play Bluff
There can be three to ten players in this game. A single deck of cards is used and there are no jokers too. Thoroughly shuffle the cards and distribute all the cards as equally as possible. It is fine if some players are short of one card or others have an extra card. You can see the card but keep them private.
The person with A♠ places the card face up in the centre of the table and starts the game. It then moves clockwise from this person. The next person places any number of 2s (value of the card from any of the suits) on the ace face down and says how many 2s they have placed—“two 2s”. If that player doesn’t have 2s, he can pick other cards and make a bluff. Likewise, the next player puts down 3s, then the following players places 4s and it goes on in this way. When a player reaches aces, the value of the cards goes back to 2.
Anyone at any point can call out bluff to the player they think is bluffing, right after the cards are set down. If these cards are not what the player said they are, then that player who bluffed has to pick up all the cards from the centre pile. However, if the player didn’t bluff, then the challenger has to pick up all of the cards from the pile.
The game continues until a player’s cards runs out. When a player has zero cards, he or she is the winner and that is the end of the game.
Tips to Win
You can bluff with four cards, but the fewer the better. Bluff with fewer cards, it is believable. If you bluff with four cards, the probability of having all four 2s in your hand is unlikely. It is risky to bluff with a number of cards more than one.
Arrange and group your cards according to the value – lowest to the highest value. You can plan ahead. So, when it is your turn, use your cards to your advantage.
Bluff is a straightforward game. Even though it is an age-old card game, it doesn’t have a lot of variations. The two variants that stand out are:
I Doubt It: In this version, you have the option of passing on your turn if you do not have the cards to match the cards that are announced. The game progresses till:
§ all players pass – this means that there are no more cards of that rank left.
§ till someone’s bluff is called.
Two-Player Version: Like the name of the version suggests, it is played with only two players. The rules are the same and it has the pass option. The add on in this version, is the element of force. If you have played your card, the opponent can say force. So, you have to produce another card that matches the value or rank of that round. If you cannot, you have to pick up all the cards from the pile. If you can produce the card, then your opponent has to pick up all the cards from the pile.
Three Two Five
If you are looking to play an easy and simple card game, then three, two, five is the game for you. It a favourite past time for children in India and Pakistan. It also goes by the names 5-3-2 and Teen Do Paanch in India. There is no betting involved and it is a fun family game. So, here is how you can play three two five too.
How To Play Three Two Five
It is played with only three players. You use a single deck of cards, but you can only play with 30 cards that includes the suits of Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, and 7 ♥ and 7 ♠ cards.
Before playing, determine the dealer. Lay out three cards with the rank – three, two, and five, faced down. Shuffle it around and each player picks a card.
§ The player who draws two is the dealer. This player has to win two tricks.
§ The player who draws five sits to the right of the dealer and needs to win five tricks.
§ The player who draws three sits to the left of the dealer and needs to win three tricks.
*tricks = The cards that are placed at the centre of the table. The person with the highest card in that pile wins the cards. This is called a trick.
The play moves in counterclockwise from the dealer. It starts when the dealer gives out five cards to each player. Everyone can look at their cards and the player of the right announces which is the trump card (a substitute card). Then the dealer continues giving three cards, followed by two cards. Each player will have 10 cards.
The play begins with the person to the dealer’s right. He throws in a card, say 8 ♥ ; the other players have to throw a higher-value card of the same suit to win that hand. This is a trick. If a player doesn’t have a card of the same suit, they can throw a trump card and win that trick. However, the player with the highest trump card wins the trick. When 10 tricks are played, the players determine if they could win their required number of tricks—3,2,5.
If everyone has achieved their requirements, then the person on the right becomes the dealer and the games continues as normal. If a player has not met his requirements, then he has to permit the player who won the highest number of tricks to pull any card from his hand at the beginning of that round. But the pick is unseen. The player who won more tricks, will give the player an unwanted card from his hand. However, the exchange of cards has to be discreet, so other player does not know which cards were exchanged.
There is no end to the game. You can go on playing three two five, rotating the number of tricks. Or you can keep score. Give a point to each trick earned and the player with the highest total is the winner.
Tip To Win
When you get the option to select a trump card, look at your hand and see in which suit you have the most number of cards. If you have more of hearts, then announce hearts as the trump card. This will help you win more tricks.
There are a few variations to three two five, they are:
No Trump, No Deal: if a player does not have a trump card can announce it. He has to reveal his hand to the other and this is the end of his hand. All the cards are thrown in the centre and the dealer shuffles and deals again.
Ten-Trick Bonus: This variation applies when you keep score. If a player has 10 tricks, then he gets a bonus of 5 additional points.
It is one of the most common card games that is played all over the world. This is the only card game that has the most number of books written on it. There are bridge tournaments that happen across the globe and it is flooded with participants. Here is how you can get in on the fun and play bridge.
Ranking Of Suits & Value In Bridge:
§ Rank of suits: Spades (High), hearts, diamonds, clubs.
§ Rank of cards: A (High), K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.
How To Play Bridge
There are four players in bridge. They are divided into two teams of two players each. The tem mates sit opposite each other. It is played with 13 cards from a single deck of cards. The dealer deals out one card at a time to each player.
Bridge is trick winning game. Basically, the person with the highest card in the hand wins it and that’s a trick. Here the objective is to score by bidding and winning a set number of pre-decided tricks.
The players can see their cards and the dealer starts the bidding. It means he can call – pass, bid, double or redouble bid.
- Pass: If the player doesn’t want to bid, double or redouble bid, they say, “Pass”. In case, all players say pass, then the dealer has to deal a new hand again.
- Bid: In bidding, the player will announce how many tricks are needed to win. It should be more than six tricks. Also, which suit he wants the trump card to be. A player can bid the same number of tricks and higher suit or bid more tricks and any suit. For example, one spade is a bid to win seven tricks – spades are trumps. The trump card will out rank the highest value card at the centre of the table.
- You can also have no-trump – there will be no suit as trump. The lowest possible bid is one, and the highest possible bid is seven.
- Double Bid: A player can double the last bid, if it was called by the opponent.
- Redouble bid: A player can redouble the last existing bid if it was called by their side and the opponent doubled it.
The bidding is closed when a bid, double bid, or redouble bid is followed by three consecutive passes. So, the final bid becomes the contract. The person who made the first bid is the declarer. The declarer’s teammate is the dummy and the opponents are called defenders.
Nobody can see anyone’s cards expect the dummy has to lay his cards faced up. It should be arranged in suits, so all the cards are easily visible. Only the declarer can play for the dummy.
Each person takes a turn to place a relevant card at the centre. The person who placed the highest card wins the trick. That person may lead with any card in the next round. This goes on till the 13th card. At the end of it, tricks are counted of the respective teams. If the declarer doesn’t get the said number of tricks in the contract, then the points goes to the defenders.
Tips To Win
- Make informed decisions by thinking ahead. If you are indecisive, then the declarer may know what you have in that suit. Decide in advance which card you want to play when declarer leads a suit toward or from dummy.
- Practice is the key to acing your bridge game. The more you play bridge, the faster you will develop your abilities.
There are many types of bridge games. Some of the most played variation are:
Chicago Bridge: It is a quick and fun way to play bridge. Only four cards are dealt, and four hands are played in this version.
Honeymoon Bridge: Generally, two people go on a honeymoon – a couple. Hence, this version of the game is played with two players. There are no teams; each their own.
Satte Pe Satta
The moment you say these three words, you think of the Bollywood film with the same name. In English, this game is called Sevens and is also known as Fan Tan, Dominoes, or Parliament. Find out how to play satte pe satta. It is a game that is laced with strategy and filled with fun.
Ranking Of Cards: (highest) K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, A (lowest)
How To Play Satte Pe Satta
You can play this card game with three to eight players and a pack of 52 cards. Each player gets an equal number of cards and it is fine if some players get one card extra or less. Arrange your cards in by suits and then in numerical order.
You can start each round only with 7 ♦ . Whoever has it, starts the game by laying it down on the table. The next card has to be either 6 below or 8 above 7; that is how you form a sequence or line up of cards from this suit.
You can start another layout only if you have 7 of any suits. A layout is made by placing the cards one by one next to the seven in sequential order. Only a single card is played at each turn and it has to be the next card in relation to the ones already on the table. If you do not have a card to put in the sequence, you can say Pass.
Continue playing until one person has zero cards and he or she is the winner.
Tips To Win
Save your sevens, sixes, and eights for some time. The other players will not be able to get rid of their cards. You have the power to delay the chances of the opponents and increase your possibility of winning.
Blackjack is a game of chance. It is a card game that is featured in most James Bond movies – from Sean Connery to Daniel Craig. You have Bond plotting or snooping or flirting at a blackjack table. It is one of the most common casino games, but do you know how to ace it? Well, you have come to the right place. Find out how to play, the rules, and the tips to have an edge over the dealer.
How To Play Blackjack
There are two to seven players in blackjack. The number of decks of cards varies. In casinos, the dealer may use six decks, but you can also play with four or more decks. This eliminates counting of cards.
The cards that the dealer and each player has received should count to 21 or it should be 21, which is blackjack. The objective is to beat the dealers’ count or get blackjack. This brings us to scoring:
- The face cards are 10 points, that is, King, Queen, Jack.
- And the other cards are based on face value.
- Ace is either 1 or 11 points and this is decided before the game.
Bet: This is a betting game and the players place their bet in front of them. The people on the table decide the minimum and maximum limit for betting. The bet is placed before the cards are dealt.
Dealing: The dealer gives out two cards face up to each player one at a time. The dealer will get one card face up and the other face down.
Gameplay: The player, left of the dealer starts the game. He can choose from one of the four actions:
- Stand – not ask for another card
- Hit – ask for cards to come close to 21
- Doubling Down – if you have powerful hand, you can place a bet equal to your original bet and you will get just one card face down. It is turned up only when the bets are settled at the end of the hand.
- Splitting Pairs – if both your cards are of the same value as 2 Jacks, then you can make them two separate hands. You have to place a bet that is equal to the original bet of the other hand too. Then the player first plays the hand on the left and then moves to the right.
Insurance: If the dealer’s face up card is an ace, then players can make a side bet that is half the original bet. This implies that the dealers’ other card, that is face down is a 10-card. This means the dealer has a blackjack. When all players place their bet, the dealer flips his card. If it is a 10-card, then players who made this insurance or bet will win double the amount of their half-bet. In such a scenario, the hand is over, and the main bets are collected.
It is important to note, your cards should not go bust either. Bust means that the total points of your cards are over 21. You will lose the wager in this case.
- If the dealer’s cards are over 21, then he pays each player the amount of the player’s bet.
- If the dealer’s cards are less than 21, then the dealer pays the bet of the player with a higher total, but not beyond 21.
- The dealer collects the bet of players with a lower total.
- If there is a stand-off, where the player has the same total as the dealer, there is an exchange of payment.
Tips To Win
- Avoid making the insurance bet. It is a lucrative way to win more, but the probability of the dealer having a 10-card is low. You may lose more than you set out.
- Ignore how the other players are playing their bets. Focus on your cards and do not get influenced by their actions.
European Blackjack: The rules are similar to the classic blackjack as mentioned above. The difference is that only two decks of cards are used.
Spanish 21: In this version of blackjack, the four 10-value cards are removed. You have to get 21 with the remaining cards. Here the dealer can peek at his cards.
This is a super local card game that is played in the western states in India, that is, Maharashtra and Gujurat. The aim of the game to collect the maximum number of 10-value cards. It is a quick and simple game that you can play to pump up your mood. This is how you play mendikot.
How To Play Mendikot
This card game is played with four players that is divided into two teams, and the partners sit opposite each other. This game is played with a pack of 52 cards only. The ranks of each suit are as follows, going from high to low A-K-Q-J-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2.
Let’s pick a dealer. From the shuffled pack of cards, each player picks a card. The person with the highest value card is the dealer. The cards that are drawn also help you form team. The players with the highest cards can form a team and those who draw the lowest ones can form the other team.
The dealer shuffles and gives out five cards first to each player then the other cards in batches of four. Mendikot is played with a trump suit. The player on the right of the dealer selects a card from the shuffled pack and displays it to the players. The cards from that suit become the trump cards.
The person on the right of the dealer throws a card to start the first trick. The other players have to throw a card that has a higher value compared to the cards in the pile to win the trick. If a player does not have an appropriate card, then play any card from their hand. If a trump card is used, then the highest trump wins. The winner of the trick collects the cards.
Mendikot is a unique card game. The winner is decided based on which side has three or four 10 in their tricks. The team with maximum 10s wins the game. If each team has two 10s, then the winners are determined by the team that won seven or more tricks. The team that has all four 10s is called mendikot.
Tips to Win
If you have a 10 then use it wisely. Take into account if the suit is right and if your 10 is the highest value in the trick to win it.
- You can play mendikot with six or eight people. Each player sits between two opponents.
- There is a variation of the game in Northern India called Dehla Pakad. The difference here is that you can collect the trick if you win two consecutive tricks.
Indians love to play card games. There is a sense of bonding with family or friends. Also, it is thrilling and fun. Similarly, you have seven eight card game that has been played in Indian households for centuries. Let us find out what makes this game so interesting and how to play it.
How To Play Seven Eight
This game works on the same lines as the previously mentioned game – three two five. The only difference here is that there are only two players. One has to win seven tricks and the other, eight tricks. If a player doesn’t acquire the required number of tricks, then the other person wins. One person is the dealer and the other, selects the trump card. These roles are flipped after each game.
Just like in three two five, there are 30 cards and two players only. Each player gets 10 cards. The dealer has to draw seven tricks and the person who determines the trump card has to win eight tricks. A player places a card and the dealer follows suits. The person with the highest-value card wins that trick. The game goes on until the 10 cards are used. The aim of each player is to achieve the requirement of seven and eight tricks respectively.
Seven eight is actually a variation of three two five, hence all the rules remain the same. Nonetheless, it is an equally popular card game in India.
Tips To Win
If you have the power to select the trump, then carefully calculate which suit has the most number of cards and make it the trump card. This will work in your advantage.
Card games are fun, and each game comes with its own twist and turns. You can enjoy any of these popular online card games and have fun, no matter where you are.Don’t miss out on playing these 10 most popular online card games! ✓Kill Boredom ✓Test Your Skills ✓Play For Fun. ]]>