Heneghan’s Dunwoody Blog
Monday, March 5, 2018
DeKalb School System Pre-K Lottery – Note: DCSD Has Changed Registration Process for Pre-K Lottery
The County has changed the process for registration for the Pre-K lottery this year. It is different from prior years insofar as parents register their children for the lottery on the days LEADING UP to the March 20th lottery.
Please read on below. (If you have any questions, please call 678-676-0147.)
2018-2019 Pre-K Lottery- March 20, 2018
March 12, 2018 – March 16, 2018 – Applications Accepted
March 20, 2018 @ 1:15PM – Lottery Drawing
Child must be four years of age on or before September 1, 2018
Child must be a resident of DeKalb County*
*NOTE: A student is only eligible to participate in the lottery at the home school that serves the student’s address for the 2018-2019 school year. Visit the DeKalb County School District’s website at www.dekalbschoolsga.org to determine your home school.
Documentation Needed to Apply:
- Official Proof of Birth (Birth Certificate, Passport, Hospital Record of Live Birth, Green Card, Pink Card or Federal I-94 Card)
- Parent/Guardian Identification
- Child’s Social Security Number
- Proof of Residency* (Current Gas, Water, or Electric Bill; Signed Lease Agreement; and/ or Signed Home Mortgage Contract) *NOTE: In the event of co-residency, an Affidavit of Residence must be completed by the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) and homeowner/lessee and submitted to the school with all required documents attached.
Additional Documentation Needed to Confirm Registration:
- Current Immunization Certificate (FORM 3231)
- Current Eye, Ear, Dental and Nutrition Examination Certificate (FORM 3300)
- Copy of Social Security Card or Signed Waiver
See County Flyer
Heneghan’s Dunwoody Blog Monday, March 5, 2018 DeKalb School System Pre-K Lottery – Note: DCSD Has Changed Registration Process for Pre-K Lottery The County has changed the process for