Extra Life 2020 Is Next Week
by The Guild Wars 2 Team on October 30, 2020
Team ArenaNet’s Extra Life Game Day is next week on November 6! With your help, we’ve already raised over $5,000 USD in 2020 to support Children’s Miracle Network hospitals.
This year we’re gaming harder than ever to raise funds for the care of ill and critically injured children. Your donations also help hospitals buy pediatric medical equipment, fund disease research, and invest in personal protective equipment and critical services needed during the COVID-19 pandemic. This year your donations will benefit the Children’s Hospitals COVID-19 Impact Fund.
To donate to Extra Life now, visit the Team ArenaNet page. If you’d like to help us reach our goal by streaming any game or telling your friends and family about Extra Life, choose to join Team ArenaNet when you sign up! If you want to form your own team, you can select “Create a sub team” when you sign up to join the ArenaNet Super Team.
The funds you raise as a member of Team ArenaNet will contribute to our overall donation total. As in previous years, if we reach the $25,000 USD donation goal, ArenaNet will match it!
Extra Life Game Day Livestream
On Game Day, members of Team ArenaNet participate in a 24-hour gaming marathon to raise funds, have fun, and hang out with the community. The stream begins on Friday, November 6 at noon Pacific Time (UTC-8) and ends on Saturday, November 7 at noon Pacific Time (UTC-8).
During the livestream, Team ArenaNet will play Guild Wars® and Guild Wars 2 content, offer personal donation milestone incentives, and talk about what Extra Life means to them. Join them in game or watch the stream on our official Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook channels. We’ll see you there!
Donation Response Mission: For the Kids
Log in to Guild Wars 2 between October 30 and November 16 to receive the title “The Extra Life” if you didn’t unlock it in previous years.
A special enhancement effect is available in game from now until November 16:
- +5% Magic Find
- +5% EXP from all sources
- +3% WvW reward track progress
- +3% PvP reward track progress
The effect will gain another stack for every $10,000 USD we raise. To activate new stacks of the enhancement effect and view hourly donation total updates, just visit the city of Lion’s Arch after you log in to Guild Wars 2.
2020 Extra Life Donation Bundle
Visit the Gem Store for a free Revive Orb! Starting today, Evon and the Black Lion Trading Company are also offering special donation items to help us reach our goal.
Extra Life donation items will be available until November 8, and purchasing any of them will grant you a special version of the in-game title “The Extra Life” in stylish blue text. We’ll donate all proceeds to Extra Life.
2020 Extra Life Donation Bundle
Baby Aurene is pitching in for the kids again this year, spreading hope and love wherever she goes! This bundle contains a Mini Circle of Love Aurene, five Extra Life Karma Boosters, and five Temporary Selfless Potions.
2019 Extra Life Donation Bundle
The only thing better than one helpful Aurene is having two! If you missed last year’s donation bundle, it’s back in the Gem Store. You’ll receive a Mini Guardian Angel Aurene, five Extra Life Karma Boosters, and five Temporary Selfless Potions.
Our annual Extra Life Game Day is a success because the Guild Wars 2 community is full of real-life heroes. Let’s break our fundraising record again this year!GuildWars2.com Extra Life 2020 Is Next Week by The Guild Wars 2 Team on October 30, 2020 Team ArenaNet’s Extra Life Game Day is next week on November 6! With your help, we’ve already
Make A Donation
Hey hero! You’re about to make a gift directly to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. This tax-deductible donation will not be associated with any specific Extra Life participant. If you meant to support a specific Extra Lifer, enter their first and last name into the search box on the main page and click search. Thanks!
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
Last Updated: June 24, 2019
- Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account; upload, view, or download certain features or content; participate in events; enter contests or sweepstakes; or donate;
- Social networks through which you may access the Services or otherwise interact with us; and
- Our affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Demographic information, such as age, date of birth, gender; and
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers.
We use a third-party payment processor to process payments and donations made to us. In connection with the processing of such payments and donations, we do not obtain your payment card information.
When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic. The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
- HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We work with a number of third-party service providers to provide the Services to you. For example, Charity Dynamics maintains our Extra Life and Miracle Network Dance Marathon mobile applications, and Donor Drive hosts our websites at www.extra-life.org, www.events.dancemarathon.com, www.helpmakemiracles.org, www.princesshalfmarathon.childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org. CMN Hospitals does not control these third parties and is not responsible for their activities, and we encourage you to review their privacy policies before sharing any information with any parties other than CMN Hospitals.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process donations that you provide and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your donations and other transactions using the Services;
- Maintain our online community (the “Community Hub”);
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our services, promotions, and events;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our organization and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CMN Hospitals, users of the Services, or others; and
- With your consent.
Please note that when you publicly post materials on the Community Hub, you are making those materials available to everyone else on the Community Hub. You should not post any information on the publicly-accessible portions of the Services that you deem to be private or confidential.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
- Your Choices
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by installing the browser add-on available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- Accessing and Changing Your Information
If you have an account with us, you can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, or to correct any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not directed to, and CMN Hospitals does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at [email protected]
- data transfers
CMN Hospitals is based in the State of Utah in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
- Contact Us
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
205 West 700 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101