Mega Millions results for 07/24/18; 1 winner of $522M jackpot
Courtesy Michigan State Lottery
Story by Matt Durr
LANSING, MI – A lucky player in California was the lone winner of the $522 million Mega Millions jackpot for the drawing held on Tuesday, July 24.
That means the jackpot for Friday, July 27 will be worth $40 million with a cash option of $23 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for July 24: 1-2-4-19-29
The Gold Mega Ball: 20
The Megaplier: 3
Mega Millions winners for July 24:
- Along with the grand prize winner, eight players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in Arizona, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey and Texas with two winners each coming from Massachusetts and New Jersey
- One of the players in Massachusetts and the player from Texas also played the Megaplier option, which increased their winnings to $3 million.
- The $1 million winning ticket sold in Michigan was sold at the Dynasty Liquor, located at 8910 Puritan St. in Detroit.
- There were 1,373,627 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 52,131 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
- In Michigan, the $1 million winner was the largest prize won in the state.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
Mega Millions results for 07/24/18; 1 winner of $522M jackpot Courtesy Michigan State Lottery Story by Matt Durr LANSING, MI – A lucky player in California was the lone winner of the