Powerball results for 01/06/18; who won the $559M jackpot?
Courtesy of Michigan State Lottery
LANSING, MI – A night after someone won the Mega Millions jackpot, a lone winning ticket was sold for the $559 million Powerball jackpot on Saturday, Jan. 6. That winning ticket was sold in New Hampshire.
That means the drawing on Wednesday, Jan. 10 will be $40 million with a cash option of $25.2 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Jan. 6: 12-29-30-33-61
The Red Powerball Power Number: 26
The Power Play Number: 3
Powerball winners for Jan.6:
- Along with the jackpot winner, $1 million winning tickets were sold in Connecticut, New Jersey, South Carolina, Texas and Washington.
- However, none of those players also played the Power Play option which would have increased their winnings to $2 million.
- Prior to the drawing it was announced the jackpot was worth $559 million, which was lesser than the $570 million that was announced Friday afternoon, suggesting that sales were not as strong as expected.
- Overall, there were 4,003,400 winners in the drawing who won at least $4 each. In Michigan, there were 129,373 winners.
- In Michigan, six tickets sold matched four white balls and the Powerball to win $50,000. That was the largest prize won in the state.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
Powerball results for 01/06/18; who won the $559M jackpot? Courtesy of Michigan State Lottery LANSING, MI – A night after someone won the Mega Millions jackpot, a lone winning ticket was