Letter to challenge a council parking ticket
[Issuing authority address]
[Reference: PCN number/ Date of issue]
I am writing to formally challenge the above Penalty Charge Notice.
On [date] my vehicle [registration number] was issued with a Penalty Charge Notice for the reason of [offence code and official reason stated on PCN].
In accordance with the Traffic Management Act 2004, my challenge is on the basis that the contravention did not occur [reasons why].
Please find enclosed evidence to this effect, in the form of [give details and why it backs up your case].
For this reason, I look forward to receiving notification that the Penalty Charge Notice has been cancelled within 28 days.
- Faulty product? How to get a refund, repair or replacement
- I want to return my goods, what are my rights?
- How to appeal a parking ticket
- How to spot a fake, fraudulent or scam website
- I had a flight delay, can I get compensation?
- Letter to ask for a faulty item to be repaired or replaced
- Letter to request compensation for cancelled flights
- Letter to make a chargeback claim
- Letter to report a problem with something bought on credit card
- Letter before small claims court claim
- Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Consumer Contracts Regulations
- Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act
- Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR)
- Denied Boarding EU Regulation (Regulation 261/2004 EC)
Consumer rights is a division of Which? that provides clear information on your rights offering simple solutions to solve your everyday consumer problems
Stay up to date:
Please tell us what you think of the Which? Consumer Rights website.
Your feedback is vital in helping us improve this site. All data will be treated confidentially. This survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
Please take our survey so we can improve our website for you and others like you.If you're issued with a parking ticket on the street but didn't commit the offence, use our template letter to challenge it.
Letter of Appeal for Parking Ticket
This is a sample template for a letter appealing a parking ticket.
LETTER TO CONTEST PARKING TICKET
To whom it may concern,
I am contesting Citation Number I received on Date at Time , which states my car was parked at or near Location . I am writing to formally challenge this ticket for the following reasons.
According to Law you allegedly violated , Copy paste law here . However, in my situation explain the technicality or extenuating circumstance
To provide evidence in my favor I have attached evidence: photograph; witness statement; etc. to this statement.
For the aforementioned reasons, I am requesting my ticket be dismissed.
LegalCrunch Inc. LegalCrunch is document automation complemented by do-it-self instructions. Get the same result for a fraction of the cost.
This is version 3, from 8 years ago.
Suggest changes by making a copy of this document. Learn more.This is a sample template for a letter appealing a parking ticket. ]]>