Powerball Lottery Winning Numbers Wed., Jan. 13, 2016
The $1.5 billion Powerball jackpot is expected to find at least one winner in just 30 minutes. We’ll show you where to get the info live.
By Greg Hambrick , Patch Staff
Jan 13, 2016 8:03 p m ET | Updated Jan 14, 2016 2:17 p m ET
Three tickets matched the Powerball jackpot numbers drawn Wednesday night, giving each a share of the record $1.5 billion lottery payout.
The winning numbers for Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2016 were:
- 4-8-19-27-34 and the Powerball 10
- the multiplier is x2
No jackpot winners in Virginia, but two tickets were worth $1 million each, purchased in Salem and Virginia Beach.
A statistics professor at Metropolitan State University in Colorado calculates the odds of winning at about 1 in 292.2 million.
So, what if you only match a few numbers, what do you win? Here’s the deal:
- Match 5 numbers and the Powerball number = Jackpot
- Match 5 numbers, not including the Powerball number = $1 million dollars
- Match 4 numbers and the Powerball number = $50,000
- Match 4 numbers, not including the Powerball number = $100
- Match 3 numbers and the Powerball number = $100
- Match 3 numbers, not including the Powerball number = $7
- Match 2 numbers and the Powerball number = $7
- Match 1 number and the Powerball number = $4
- Match only the Powerball number = $4
Mount Vernon, VA | News | 6d
How To Select The Best Real Christmas Tree
Whether you’re buying from a retail lot or a choose-and-cut tree farm this Christmas, here are some things to know before you go.Powerball Lottery Winning Numbers Wed., Jan. 13, 2016 – Mount Vernon, VA – The $1.5 billion Powerball jackpot is expected to find at least one winner in just 30 minutes. We'll show you where to get the info live.
These are the Powerball winning lottery numbers for Jan. 13, 2016
Those were the winning numbers in the Jan. 13 Powerball lottery drawing, which dangled a record-high $1.58 billion jackpot in front of hopeful players across the US. Since the last jackpot in November, players had spent an estimated $2.6 billion on tickets, which cost $2 or $3 each.
With so many tickets purchased, chances are higher than usual that any winning ticket holder will be sharing the prize. Luckily, there will be plenty of winnings to go around.The jackpot for the US lottery broke records, at nearly $1.6 billion. ]]>